Stands on Langney Point and was built in 1795. The tower was in excellent condition, being in the service of the coastguard up until April 1989. Today it stands gutted, the doors and windows having been replaced with metal bars that allow pigeons to make a mess of the interior. The tower now stands at the edge of the recently built Crumbles Marina, although it is currently empty, and houses harbour navigation beacons on its roof.
Updated: Sunday, October 30, 2016 12:45